In this section, you will find a new recipe of the week. The recipes vary from sweets to tasty meals, to party snacks and beverages. Every week there will be a new recipe and the directions on how to make it. Of course these recipes will be borrowed from the internet, so the sources and citations can be found on the bottom of the page, in case you would like to view the original recipes home site. Remember to handle kitchen utensils with care and caution and use an adults help when needed.
The recipe this week is:
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Borrowed from www.Allrecipes.com
- 1 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups of confectioners (powdered) Sugar
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and the one cup of peanut butter. Mix until well blended and thick.
- Press the mixture into a 9x13 or 8x8 glass baking/ casserole dish
- In a small sauce pan, mix the chocolate chips and the remaining peanut butter and heat. Stir until smooth, then wait for it to cool a few minutes
- Pour evenly over the mixture in the dish and refrigerate or freeze for a few hours to let it set
- Serve with whipped cream or top with pretzels for a tasty dessert.
The original recipe and photos are property of www.Allrecipes.com
Nancy, et al. “Peanut Butter Bars I Recipe.” Allrecipes, 22 Mar. 2008, allrecipes.com/recipe/9999/peanut-butter-bars-i/.