This weeks recipe: Strawberry Pretzel Icebox Pie
Makes 8 servings
Original recipe from www.myrecipes.com
- 2 cups crushed pretzel
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven at 350. Stir together pretzels, butter, and the brown sugar. Press the mixture onto the sides and bottom of a greased 10 inch pie glass or pan. Bake 10- 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven rack and let cool completely.
- Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Beat the condensed milk, cream cheese and 4 tablespoons of gelatin powder at medium speed using a mixer, or stir until blended. Add strawberries, stir until mixed.
- Beat ¾ cup of whipping cream until soft and fluffy. Gently pour whipped cream into strawberry mixture. Spoon into prepared pretzel crust. Cover and freeze until firm. (8 to 12 hours)
- Beat remaining 1 ¼ cups whipping cream until fluffy, gradually add sugar. Stir and spread over firm pie. Freeze at least one hour to set whipped cream.